What Is Cabinet Refinishing?
Simply stated, all the components of the existing cabinetry are kept and the color or finish is changed. The existing cabinets are cleaned, sanded, primed and painted. Optional glazing is available. Customers can choose from unlimited colors. Imperfections in the wood are repaired and applicable areas are caulked for a seamless finish. New hardware and soft close hinges/drawer slides can be installed to complete the makeover.
New doors and drawer fronts can be installed.
Cabinet refinishing is the fastest and most cost-effective way to update your cabinets. Most projects are completed in 4-5 days, and you do not have to remove items from your cabinets
Why Choose Us To Refinish Your Cabinets?
- We have over 20 years of experience in cabinet refinishing
- We have refinished cabinets in over 500 homes throughout the Birmingham area
- We focus on cabinet refinishing, we don’t paint home exteriors, walls or ceilings, etc., like regular painters. Cabinet refinishing is our business!
- All of our team members have extensive training and years of experience, and are cabinet refinishing experts
CAPABILITIES – We can do much more than just paint cabinets!
- Install new knobs or pulls
- Install soft-close hinges
- Install soft-close drawer slides
- Install new doors and drawer fronts
- Modify portions of existing cabinets to create a perfect blend of style and function
- The options are unlimited
- We use a 21-point quality control process to ensure your cabinets will look great for years to come, and we include a copy of our process in the package we provide our customers
- We use only the highest quality primer, paint and materials, and use the industry’s best practices to ensure the best results possible
- We spray the doors and drawer fronts using fine finish, furniture grade sprayers
PEACE OF MIND
- We offer a (5) five year written limited warranty on cabinet refinishing, the best in the industry
- 95% of our business comes from repeat customers and referrals
- Excellent references available upon request
- We offer FREE consultations to help you understand the options you have for your cabinets and to answer any questions you may have about cabinet refinishing
- We provide FREE written, in-home estimates so you know exactly what your cost will be
- We provide FREE samples so you can choose the best color(s) for your needs and wants
- We are a family owned and locally operated business, not a franchise.
- All of our team members are American and speak English
- We are fully licensed and insured
- We protect your floors, countertops, appliances and walls before any other work on the project begins
- We use a vacuum system with a HEPA filter when we sand your cabinets to virtually eliminate any dust
- We clean the floors, countertops and appliances after project is completed
- We provide written instructions on how to care for your cabinets upon completion of the project
- We provide a written schedule for the project
- We start and complete projects on time.
- Most projects are completed in 4-5 days and you do not have to remove items from your cabinets
CONVENIENT PAYMENT OPTIONS
- We accept cash, checks, all major credit cards and Venmo
Why trust house painters to refinish your cabinets?
The kitchen is the heart of the home, and cabinets are the most expensive and prominent feature in the kitchen. Cabinet refinishing requires a unique set of skills and expertise. Regular painters may only paint cabinets occasionally, we refinish cabinets 5-6 days every week! And, we do much more than paint cabinets, we can change hinges and hardware, modify existing cabinets, replace doors and drawer fronts, etc.…
We have over 20 years of experience and we have the right equipment and use only the highest quality materials to produce outstanding results. That’s why we guarantee our finishes for 5 years. Try getting a 5-year warranty on cabinets from a regular painter.
Benefits of Cabinet Refinishing
Not only does refinishing your cabinets add to the beauty of your home, it comes with numerous other benefits.
Less expensive than refacing or replacing cabinets. Typically, refinishing is about ½ the cost of refacing and 1/3 the cost of replacing. Far more cost effective.
No need to remove items from your cabinets. You can continue to use your kitchen during the project. We use only low VOC primer and paint to minimize odor and to eliminate potentially harmful vapors. We use a dust control sanding system to eliminate dust.
The kitchen is the heart of the home, and the most important room when selling a house. Updated kitchens including the cabinets add sales appeal to your home.
Unlimited paint colors to choose from. Choose glazing for a custom look. Paint the island a different color. The options are limitless!
New soft close hinges can be installed. New hardware can be installed. We can replace doors and drawer fronts to update your kitchen or to replace damaged cabinet doors and drawer fronts. We can modify select portions of your cabinets to create more beauty, functionality and usable space. We can install decorative panels or beadboard, light rail molding, pull-out shelves, etc…
You and your family spend a lot of time in the kitchen. You should love the style, color and functionality of your cabinets. We can help make this possible without breaking the bank!
Most projects are completed in 4-5 days.
Immediate update for kitchen or bathroom.
Cabinets are cleaned, sanded, primed and painted with premium quality cabinet paint in color(s) chosen by customer. Unlimited colors. Great way to update and upgrade your cabinets!
Glaze is applied to accentuate the architectural features of the cabinet doors and drawers and the crown molding, corbels, etc. Great way to add interest and depth to cabinets.
"All Over" Glazing
Glaze is a transparent or semi-transparent coating that is applied after the cabinets have been painted. It adds depth and color to the finish. Two coats of sealer are applied to protect the glazing.
Options For Updating Kitchen Cabinets
Existing cabinets are cleaned, sanded, primed and painted. Optional glazing available. Major imperfections in the cabinets are repaired.
Most projects are completed in 4-5 workdays.
Best Option if
You like the current layout of the kitchen and the style of the doors, and if the cabinets are not too badly damaged.
The fastest and most cost-effective way to update your cabinets. Choose from unlimited colors. Soft close hinges can be installed on the doors, soft-close slides can be installed on the drawers. New hardware can be installed.
REFINISHING WITH DOOR AND DRAWER REPLACEMENT
Existing doors and drawer fronts are replaced with new doors and drawer fronts. New doors and drawer fronts are primed and painted to match the refinished base cabinets. New doors include hidden, soft-close hinges.
New doors and new drawer fronts usually take 2-3 weeks to make. Upon receipt of new doors and drawer fronts, it takes 4-5 workdays to complete the project.
Best Option if
You like the layout of your kitchen, but don’t like the style of the doors and drawers, or your cabinet doors and/or drawer fronts are damaged.
Great way to dramatically upgrade the look and style of your cabinets without breaking the bank. Choose from a wide variety of door styles. Choose new hardware.
A wood or veneer skin is applied to the cabinet boxes. New doors and drawer fronts are installed.
2 weeks after receipt of new doors and drawer fronts.
Best Option if
Base cabinets are damaged, or you want to change the style of doors and drawer fronts.
Wide variety of options.
Cabinet boxes, doors and drawers are replaced. When replacing cabinets, it is also necessary to replace the countertops, backsplash and most likely the sink. This is a major remodeling project and can by very expensive.
Best Option if
Damaged cabinets or you are not happy with the design/layout of the existing kitchen and are ready for a total change.
Basically, you get a brand-new kitchen including new cabinets, new countertops and backsplash in the design and style you choose.
Keep Your Cabinets Looking Beautiful!
Newly painted or glazed cabinets need time for the paint and glaze to fully cure. This usually takes about 2 weeks. You can continue to use your cabinets during the refinishing process and of course, once the project is completed, however, for best results, please use a little extra care in trying to avoid scratching the cabinets or prolonged exposure to moisture. Follow these simple steps below to keep your cabinets looking great for years to come.
A soft cotton cloth dampened with warm water is usually sufficient to clean your cabinets. If more thorough cleaning is required, please use a fresh solution of mild hand dishwashing liquid mixed with warm water or a solution of white vinegar and water. After cleaning, wipe all surfaces with a clean damp cloth. Immediately dry with another soft clean cloth. Never use a dishcloth to wipe your cabinets since it may contain food or remnants of grease or oil and detergents.
*Always avoid getting your cabinets excessively wet.
Cleaning Products To Avoid
The following products are to be avoided as damage may occur.
- Harsh detergents, strong soaps, abrasive cleaning products such as tub and sink cleansers, scouring powder, scouring pads, steel wool or self-polishing waxes.
- Sponges or dish cloths. They may contain particles that could scratch your cabinets.
- Solvent-based or petroleum-based products such as mineral spirits, Goof-Off, or paint thinners.
- Ammonia or cleaning products that include ammonia.
- Bleach or cleaning products that include bleach.
Use a clean, soft lint-free cotton cloth for dusting your cabinets on a regular basis. Packaged dusting sheets are not required or recommended. Do not use pre-moistened dusting sheets or aerosol products made for dusting.
Cleaning Glass Cabinet Doors
Extra care is required when cleaning glass doors. Spray an ammonia-free glass cleaner on a clean, soft, lint-free cloth or paper towel. Do not spray cleaner directly on the glass. It could seep behind the window dividers and cause damage.
Wood and Water Don't Mix!
Always wipe spills, splatters, water spots and moisture from your cabinets with a clean, soft cloth as they occur. Prolonged exposure to spills, including food, water or other liquids, or to oil and grease splatters can cause permanent discoloration or damage to your cabinet’s finish. Remember to dry cabinet surfaces immediately after cleaning using a soft, clean cloth.
Waxing and Polishing
Waxing is not required or recommended. Over time, waxing and polishing compounds may build up on the surface of your cabinets and cause a hazy, streaky or yellowed appearance. This wax build-up is very difficult to remove.
Get In touch below. Ask Any Question or Start a Free Quote
M-F: 8am – 5pm