We all have pieces of furniture that no longer look right in our homes, or pieces we’ve inherited, or “treasures” from a garage or estate sale. Often these furnishings are solid and well made- unlike a lot of today’s pieces, but they look dated. As long as the shape is pleasing, we can transform any piece to compliment your décor and give it a new life. Maybe you have new pieces of furniture that need a different color or finish, or be made to look older, we can help!
We apply our 20 years of experience in cabinet refinishing to painting and refinishing furniture. After all, cabinets are really expensive pieces of furniture that serve a different purpose.
3 Benefits of Refinishing Your Cabinets
Choosing to refinish your cabinets is an excellent investment that offers a variety of benefits. Refinishing cabinetry can dramatically transform the appearance of a room without having to spend a large amount of money. Here are a few more reasons why you should consider refinishing your cabinets.
1. Saves You a Ton of Time
One of the top benefits of refinishing your cabinets is that it saves you a lot of time compared to a full replacement. For example, many times a full replacement could last around four weeks, while refinishing your cabinets will only take four or five days to complete and you can still use the kitchen during the project.
2. Variety of Choices
Another advantage of refinishing your cabinets is that it gives you the flexibility to choose from a wide range of designs. With unlimited colors, you can paint your cabinets to blend in with the current color scheme, add a custom glaze, paint the island a contrasting color, or use a glossy finish for a unique design.
3. Add Value to Your Home
One of the most affordable ways to add value to your home is to refinish your cabinets. Freshly refinished cabinet doors are an excellent way to make a strong first impression with potential buyers. Of course, refinished cabinets are also a great investment if you plan to keep your home.
- Chalk Painting – Extremely popular, versatile and durable, it creates a unique finish and is ideal for a wide range of furniture and finishes.
- Traditional painting – A cost effective way to re-fashion a piece of furniture. Lighter colors will help it coordinate with a room’s color scheme. Bold colors can make it the room’s focal point.
- Glazing – Glazing highlights the unique characteristics of a piece of furniture and can be done in any color.
- Staining – Creates a rich look and helps conceal imperfections in the furniture.
- Antiquing/Distressing – Great for making a newer piece of furniture look well worn and loved through generations of use.
- Metallic Finishes – Precious metal aren’t just found in a jewelry box! They can turn a boring piece of furniture into a glamorous focal point.
- Unique textures – Resin can be used to make patterns (crocodile, ostrich, etc.) on flat surfaces such as table tops or benches. Great way to save a damaged table top or to add interest.
Types of Furniture We Have Painted/Refinished
Dining Room Tables
Breakfast Area Tables